CHARLES STAPLES, APRN
I practice medicine because my journey in life has destined me to do so. After serving my country proudly within the ranks of the United States Army, I wanted to continue selflessly to serve my community. Practicing medicine empowers me to be the change that I want to see in the world. Lastly, I feel that my purpose in life is to help facilitate positive change.
- Walden University, Family Nurse Practitioner, 2015
- Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing, 2007
- BS, Human Performance, Southern Connecticut State University, 2002
- Advanced Practice RN, Cardiac Specialists – Northeast Medical Group
- RN, Bridgeport Hospital ER
- Charge Nurse /Flow Coordinator, Bridgeport Hospital ER
- Preceptor/Mentor for new and seasoned ER registered nurses.
HONORS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Neuroscience Nursing Award Bridgeport Hospital, 2016
- Florence Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing, 2013
- Excellence in Emergency Medicine Nursing Bridgeport Hospital, 2011 & 2015
- Combat Action Badge while serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF II), 2004-2005