KATHLEEN BONAVENTURA, APRN
My major areas of interest are the prevention of Type II Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and their secondary co-morbidities. As an APRN I have developed relationships, and collaborated with a variety of healthcare individuals and businesses within both my work environment and the community to act as a healthcare resource to my co-workers, patients, their families, and their communities to prevent and improve individual health and healthcare.
- Doctorate Of Nursing
- MSN, APRN-BC (Board Certified Advanced Registered Nurse)
- Certified in Electrophysiology as an Associate Professional (CCEPS) by the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners
- Certified in Cardiac Device Therapy (CCDS) by the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners
- Advanced Practice RN for Cardiac Specialists for the past 16 years
- Courtesy Faculty at Yale University School of Nursing
- Adjunct Faculty at Sacred Heart University
- A member of the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program Steering Committee
HONORS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Winner of the 2014 Joseph A Zaccagnino Safety and Clinical Quality Award
- My dissertation on the Self-Management of Warfarin was accepted and presented via a poster presentation in 2014 and the American Heart Association National Convention.
- My study “Patient Engagement in the Management of Warfarin; A Quality Improvement Study” will be published in the Journal of Nurse Practitioners in March 2016.
AREA OF PERSONAL EXPERTISE
- Electrophysiology and Cardiac Device Therapy
- Diabetes and Diabetes Prevention